Tuesday, February 2, 2016

2nd Makes Thru Starting Gates NEWS!



As the holidays have come and gone and there is a little calm in between these CA rain storms, I have been able to make a little bit more progress for my ride ahead in less than 3 months!!!
I am proud to announce that Jim Chiapetta of FLAIR STRIPS is sponsoring my ride with Flair Strips adorning them with the TAA logo!  Remember TAA (Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance) so graciously appointed both Laine and myself the AMBASSADORS of their charity!!!!!   He is also trying to set up a fund for me to travel with proceeds benefitting my voyage and TAA.
Peter Friedman is also joining me on my ex eventer OTTB Solar Express to assist Tivo and I and drive my rig if we can't delegate that role to friends or family!!!!!  I was very happy to gain his help and support on my mission for our OTTBS and I believe Tivo will enjoy his pasture buddy accompanying him!  Any positive influence to START with a happy, healthy, sound horse and FINISH in the same identical manner is THE HUGE priority for my ride.
I met for 3 hours one of our country's top Endurance riders Karen Chaton!  She was an ENORMOUS source of help with pre planning this 5 month undertaking and offered advice for conditioning and what items are mandatory in my trailer!  I am so appreciative of her time and support for our TBs!   The accolades of her career exemplify why she is at the pinnacle of her sport as well as her horse Chief being inducted into the Hall of Fame. 

I would like to ask for help on a few very needed items that I have not been able to obtain.

1) DRIVERS!  I will need a driver to travel 20 miles daily and help set camp. Bottle of wine to be shared under shade of trailer every sunset!
2) a LQ trailer to borrow or rent for the duration of my journey
3) portable paddocks for 2 horses 12x12
4) 200 gallons of water tanks maybe 30-50 gallon sizes
5) a GPS navigation system.  Prefer Oregon or Montana models
6) Go Pro to wear on collar harness

I have interest from fellow riders to join me on various segments of my ride!!!  I AM ABSOLUTELY ESTATIC FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO COMBINE FORCES ON THIS CAUSE AND WELCOME THE FELLOWSHIP OF OTHER RIDERS!  LET'S DO THIS.

The route of choice at the moment is Highway 50 across and I am emphasizing my time on this to find topo maps and logistics of navigating on shoulders and parallel side roads.  I will be kindly requesting for invitations of a night's stay for my beloved horses and crew of 1 or 2 along the way and hope we can enjoy that option as frequently as possible!!!!  

For now it's back to the barn to get Solar & Primitivo out for another conditioning ride using Endomomo and Track My Hack if I can find out how to purchase the Live Tracking part!!!!!!  Great apps for those interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment