Friday, March 4, 2016

2nd Makes Thru Starting Gates

PROGRESS!
Mr. Mark Lubin, one of the most foremost barefoot trimmers came to my farm yesterday to trim and measure Solar Express & Tevo for their pending Easy Care Glove boots!  Mark took Peter Friedman under his wing and showed him what to trim for and keeping the balance maintained as he worked on every foot.  Peter felt very confidant from his advice and I believe my boys are going to fare just fine under Peter's care and supervision on the road.  We next learn about the glue on gloves but my thoughts are more toward the removable boots so we can monitor feet on a daily basis and keep them dry.  
Easy Care's Mariah Reeves has rushed appropriate sizes to be delivered on Monday and pictures will be uploaded of our boys in their new slippers!!!!
We also traveled up Highway 50 to get a birds eye view of our first 5 overnight stops in May and talked to the Pollock Pines Ranger station personnel.  It was advised that we truly utilize the Pony Express Trail which goes from above Placerville, CA to near Kansas City, Missouri.  I am pretty confidant we will stay close on that recognized trail and decide weather pending if we stay with Hwy. 50 or veer off to the more northerly SLC portion of the PET.  
I am in the middle of going to pick up my GORE GORGEOUS LQ 2 HORSE STRAIGHT LOAD W/MID TACK TRAILER next Wednesday with my beloved mom and dad ( a gift of my mother's to aid me and my crew across our country ) and bring it back by March 17th.  Then on March 20th I am embarking with 3 of my home bred fillies and one FLEX across our country AGAIN to deliver my babies to Laine in Chesterfield, VA!  Laine will give my babies the attention they will need since mom will be away for a long duration.  
After I drop them off at her beautiful farm I will travel south in tow with the empty trailer lent to me by my RIGHT ARM girlfriend, Deb Zeier and go to see Laine in her 2* at Carolina to see our Calling All Comets, first baby of the 4 I delivered…..romp around the southern pines xc course!!!  I will travel back to CA to rest up, then get back in gear for ROLEX KENTUCKY and the excitement of that 4* event alone will give me the enthusiasm to keep marching forward!!!!  #GoAlGo
I will update again shortly and please note that my PayPal account is up and running and any nominal donation will be GREATLY appreciated and used for my 3500 mile ride!  IT TAKES A VILLAGE.
THANK YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment