Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Long time coming!

So many things happening since the close of 2013!  Genius To Go and Raptor Force sold to incredible homes where they will continue on to Bigger and Better careers!
Hardly Humble is well on his way at 3 yrs old showing the talent of what could be one of my finer upper level prospects.  I sit on him and feel there are no boundaries with the confidant yet 'humble' gentleman   he is.  His movement has that trademark canter of his father, The Twain, and if my mare produces a Twain colt......he may remain so.   I totally back this line and in my gut feel The Twain babies are proof of what is necessary of our Elite Thoroughbred Event 4* horses.  Movement, mind and Athleticism.  The Kiwis will LOVE this as The Twain pedigree originates from New Zealand!

My own Solar Express is now officially retired from eventing but he is busy being a school master for my students.  He has grown an affinity to one of my special friends Peter.  Funny, I never thought Solar would ever like anyone on him but me!  I always continue to learn from animals more about myself and the people in general.  I am blessed.

Taking the competitive place as my partner in crime is Primitivo!  My little 15.2 hh TB has been nothing short of amazing and is continually giving me the confidence that a one star is still in the making sometime within 2-3 seasons!  He fits me perfectly both size and personality and I am thrilled to have him as my counterpart.  When one door closes........

Lastly, I am on Delta flying across the country from 70* to 12* to help move my daughter to FL where she can polish her skills with coach Buck Davidson and continue on her quest to WEG with Al and Preliminary with Calling All Comets.  With our emotional set back of The Big Island and what he brought into our barn and lives, Comet has big shoes to fill not to mention Tony Patch.  Somehow being born as a Crow's Ear Farm baby, I have all the confidence in the world he will.  Especially under the magical skills and irons of my daughter Laine.  Comet touts the champion Star on his forehead of our beloved Jamie....a horse that put us on the historical event map.  GREAT expectations to happen for these 2 in the next coming years!

I will keep posting from Galway to Red Hills of our pilgrimage to Training level and ROLEX as we progress forward down both our roads!






No comments:

Post a Comment